The Maine Academy of Modern Music is pleased to announce some exciting additions to its lineup of offerings this coming school year including Songwriting, Home Recording, and Pre-College classes.
- MAMM's brand new Pre-College Course is tailored for the Southern Maine high schooler who is intending to pursue a Bachelor of Music degree as the next step in their educational career. The Pre-College Course will not only prepare the student for the audition process, but also serve as an introduction into college level music theory, history, solfege (ear training) and other facets typical of college music programs. It is designed for the student looking to enter any of the primary focuses of a typical music program: jazz performance, classical performance, recording/ engineering, and music education.
- Beginning in September, MAMM's Pre-College Course will be held on Thursdays from 5:30-6:45 ON CAMPUS at the University of Southern Maine in Portland. Tuition for MAMM's Pre-College Course is $80 per month.
SONGWRITING CLASS WITH EMILIA DAHLIN
- Attend MAMM's Songwriting Class and author your own song and create collaborative songs with local, award-winning songwriter and MAMM instructor Emilia Dahlin. Explore theme, melody and form as well as literary tools to build strong lyrics. Students will play word games and listen to some classics of all genres to find what building blocks make for a hit tune.
- All songwriters are welcome! Please note that students are NOT required know how to play an instrument in order to take this class.
- The Songwriting Class meets at MAMM on Thursdays from 4-5pm for 11-13 year olds and 5:30-6:30pm for teens. This 6-week course will meet from October 5th to November 16th (no class on October 12th). Tuition is $150.
HOME RECORDING 101
- If you're looking to take your first steps in the recording world, join MAMM Instructor and Berklee alum Xander for MAMM's new Home Recording 101 Class and learn how to use DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) to write original music, record demos, and mix. This 6-week course will cover everything from how to record your first track to mixing it down to a final product. The course will focus on the intuitive and easy to use Garageband, but material will be applicable across all DAWs, including Logic and ProTools, which are used in professional studios everywhere.
- The 6-week Home Recording 101 class for students 12+up will be held at MAMM on Saturdays from 11am-12pm from October 14 to November 18. Tuition is $150.