Where MAMM is already well known for its fun, electric guitar-driven rock programming such as its popular summer camp series, its annual Girls Rock! concert, and the MAMM SLAM battle of the bands competition, the Academy's new MAMMOTH programs allow the school to broaden its reach across genres and instrument families.
With a name as immense as its musical scope, MAMMOTH consists of THREE major components:
- The MAMMOTH Brass Band is a New Orleans style brass ensemble for students ages 10 to 18. This funky, energetic group gives students a chance to perform in a professional setting alongside some of the best musicians in the Southern Maine area. Led by MAMM instructor Marc Chillemi, this band program will educate students about different styles, grooves, off-beat rhythms, improvisation, and a bit of history surrounding the brass band tradition in New Orleans. Beginning in September The MAMMOTH Brass Band will meet at MAMM on Thursdays from 5:30-6:45pm. Tuition is $85 per month.
- The MAMMOTH Rock Chorus program brings local children and teens together to rehearse and perform popular songs in an inspiring and supportive setting. In both small and large groups the Rock Chorus will celebrate contemporary and classic rock, R&B, and pop music. The program is run by MAMM instructor Chas Lester. The MAMMOTH Rock Chorus meets at MAMM on Tuesdays from 4-5pm for 8-11 year olds, 6-7pm for 11-13 year olds and 7-8pm for teens. Tuition is $60 per month.
- NEW! The MAMMOTH Rock Chorus Home School Program is open to students 8-18 and meets at MAMM on Wednesdays from 10-11am. Tuition is $60 per month.
- The MAMMOTH Strings will offer students a unique chamber music experience. In duos, trios, or quartets young string players will have an opportunity to play in the equivalent of a classical music “rock band”. Under the guidance of local professional musicians and educators, students will have a chance to collaborate with other like-minded young musicians, allowing for opportunities to build on individual skills while fostering a sense of responsibility to their peers. From traditional to folk, pop to rock, students will be actively involved in setting the musical direction of their individual groups.
- The MAMMOTH Strings program will be led by local musician and educator Andy Happel. Beginning in September The MAMMOTH Strings program will meet at MAMM on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30pm for students ages 11 year olds and up. Tuition is $75 per month.
The brass band, rock chorus, and strings program will rehearse independently and will perform individually at various MAMM events throughout the year, but don’t be surprised if these groups join forces with some of MAMM’s rock ensembles to perform together at an epic concert at some point in the near future!
To celebrate the launching of this new program, MAMM is offering the first month's tuition for FREE to students who are enrolling in a MAMMOTH program for the first time.
FOR MORE DETAILS CALL (207) 899-3433